How to Fix a Car Dent or Scratch
After traveling from Forest Grove to Beaverton for a getaway weekend, you might notice small body damage on your car. Since it’s small, you might be wondering how to fix a small dent in a car or how to fix scratches on car to do it yourself! Read on to learn more on how to fix a dent in a car or fix scratches on car with Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge. Start learning how to fix dent in car or fix scratches on car with our instructions below to become a DIY pro!
How to Fix Scratches on Car
- Find out how deep the scratch is by running your fingernail across it.
- To avoid more damage, use a towel and soapy water to remove excess debris.
- Place tape over the scratch to not lose where it might be at.
- Spray the scratch and sandpaper with water. Use 5,000 grit sandpaper if the scratch is fine, but if it’s deep, use 3,000 grit paper instead.
- If you began to fix scratches on a car with 3,000 grit, start to use 5,000 grit to blend the area in.
- Utilize a microfiber towel, move in a swirl motion to add “fine” polish on the area. Use the microfiber towel to remove extra polish then lightly buff the area.
- Add wax and a protective layer to protect the clear coat and paint.
How to Fix Small Dent in a Car
Once you learn how to fix a dent in a car or how to fix a small dent in a car, it’ll help you with minor body damage in the future. Learn how to fix a dent in a car below:
- How to fix a small dent in a car: Suction cup. Order a suction cup dent puller from our parts department to pull the dent out.
- How to fix a dent in a car: Hair dryer and mallet. Remove the body panel from the vehicle, place the hairdryer over the area for several minutes. Use the mallet to push the dent back into its place.
Dent & Scratch Repair at Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge!
Whether you learned how to fix a dent in a car or how to fix scratches on a car, contact our service department at Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge near Aloha if you have questions! You can master at-home car care with the guidance of our expert team, get started today!
More From Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge
The Jeep Gladiator was released in 2020 to unprecedented buzz, and it’s not hard to see why. This one-of-a-kind pickup truck boasts the off-roading capability you expect from Jeep, not to mention adventurous styling details that you won’t find anywhere else. Wondering whether the Jeep Gladiator bed size can handle the workload at your Forest Grove…
The highly-anticipated Jeep Gladiator has drivers in Forest Grove scrambling to learn more about its capabilities. You may be aware that this one-of-a-kind pickup truck is the only one on the market that can haul with the best of them — and then hit the trails like a Jeep. So how is the Jeep Gladiator engine…
Looking for legendary off-road ability and interior amenities fit for the modern world? The 2020 Wrangler sports some serious interior upgrades for comfortable drives in Forest Grove to match great performance on the trail. Read our guide below to find out what the Jeep Wrangler reviews say about this ultra-sporty SUV. Find your favorite trim and…