How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
RAM trucks are known for their incredible towing capabilities and the new RAM 1500 is no exception. The light-duty 2020 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds when properly equipped, which earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Discover the full RAM 1500 towing capacity and features throughout the lineup with Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge.
2020 RAM 1500 Engine Specs & Capabilities
Four engines are offered on the new RAM 1500, and each offers its own performance and capabilities to Beaverton drivers. All of the RAM 1500 engines are paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s a quick overview of the performance specs of each engine:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I—generates up to 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque and maxes out at a towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine—capable of creating 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, along with towing up to 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine—delivers the same figures shown above, but increases towing capabilities to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine—produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
Beyond the impressive towing of the RAM 1500, drivers can also benefit from a payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds depending on the trim.
While it would be easy for the RAM 1500 to rely on engine power alone, the 1500 also offers some of the best features in its class to help you navigate your camper, boat, or work equipment through Forest Grove. A few examples include:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This eTorque mild hybrid system works with this transmission to help the RAM 1500 achieve up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This optional technology watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: Experience greater stopping power on Aloha and Beaverton roads with 14.9-inch brakes.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: An available 60/40 split gate offers more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
Feel the RAM 1500 Power at Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge!
The RAM 1500 towing capacity is just the beginning of the notable features of this strong and well-appointed pickup. Browse our new RAM 1500 inventory and compare the RAM 1500 models at Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge! Then set up a test drive of your favorite black RAM 1500 at our Hillsboro dealership!
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
More From Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge
The new Jeep Gladiator is revolutionary in the automotive space. With the 4×4 Jeep agility that drivers love and flatbed for storage, handling tough tasks in Forest Grove has never looked so good. The Jeep Gladiator colors perfectly complement an SUV that was built to do things differently. Whether you want to rule the Aloha job…
If you are looking for an SUV that can handle your Forest Grove commute or off-roading near Aloha with ease, the 2020 Jeep Renegade was built for you. This incredibly versatile SUV performs like a champion and looks great while doing it. The array of Jeep Renegade colors will satisfy any driver’s style needs with options…
Whether you’re planning a bit of off-roading or cruising the Forest Grove streets, the 2020 Jeep Wrangler is ready for your next adventure. With its bold, rugged style and iconic lines, Wrangler commands attention on the trails and the pavement. View Wrangler InventoryContact Us Since Wrangler has your back on capability and style, the only thing…