How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
RAM trucks are known for their incredible towing capabilities and the new RAM 1500 is no exception. The light-duty 2020 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds when properly equipped, which earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Discover the full RAM 1500 towing capacity and features throughout the lineup with Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge.
2020 RAM 1500 Engine Specs & Capabilities
Four engines are offered on the new RAM 1500, and each offers its own performance and capabilities to Beaverton drivers. All of the RAM 1500 engines are paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s a quick overview of the performance specs of each engine:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I—generates up to 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque and maxes out at a towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine—capable of creating 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, along with towing up to 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine—delivers the same figures shown above, but increases towing capabilities to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine—produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
Beyond the impressive towing of the RAM 1500, drivers can also benefit from a payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds depending on the trim.
While it would be easy for the RAM 1500 to rely on engine power alone, the 1500 also offers some of the best features in its class to help you navigate your camper, boat, or work equipment through Forest Grove. A few examples include:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This eTorque mild hybrid system works with this transmission to help the RAM 1500 achieve up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This optional technology watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: Experience greater stopping power on Aloha and Beaverton roads with 14.9-inch brakes.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: An available 60/40 split gate offers more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
Feel the RAM 1500 Power at Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge!
The RAM 1500 towing capacity is just the beginning of the notable features of this strong and well-appointed pickup. Browse our new RAM 1500 inventory and compare the RAM 1500 models at Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge! Then set up a test drive of your favorite black RAM 1500 at our Hillsboro dealership! Want to secure the keys to your work truck for less? Explore our RAM 1500 lease deals to save today! If you need something a bit more powerful, be sure to explore the new RAM 3500 towing specs as well!
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
More From Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge
The future of Forest Grove off-road adventures is here with the 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe. This iteration of the formidable off-roader provides a plug-in electric Jeep Wrangler that’s ready for any adventure while providing the capability to drive on pure electric power. You get the same open-air driving experience, legendary capabilities, and many of the same…
The new Jeep Renegade is recognized by many Forest Grove drivers thanks to its bold and distinguished design. But how does its interior fare? You’ll be glad to know that the Jeep Renegade interior is equally as impressive. From generous dimensions to advanced features, you and your passengers will find yourselves looking forward to being inside…
Combining the towing power of a pickup with the off-road capability of a Jeep SUV, the Gladiator is unlike anything else on the road in Forest Grove! So, what can you expect from the Jeep Gladiator towing capacity? Below, Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge takes a look at the specs for one of the most highly-anticipated new models in recent…