2019 Dodge Journey Towing Capacity
If you’re looking for a crossover that can carpool, entertain on long rides, and haul the camper out to the lake, it’s time to check out the 2019 Dodge Journey. When it comes to trailering your boat or camper for a fun weekend at Gales Creek, how much can the Dodge Journey tow? You might be surprised to learn that this midsize crossover packs 2,500 pounds of towing power — enough to handle most motorized boats or pop-up campers. Below, we’ll explore the 2019 Journey engine options, as well as advanced trailering features that keep you and your cargo safe on the Hillsboro roads.
2019 Dodge Journey Towing Features
Whether you have towing and transport needs on the job, or sports extracurriculars that require lots of gear, you’ll find the impressive Dodge Journey towing capacity supported by the advanced driver-assist technology. These standard and available towing features are designed to secure your cargo and ensure passenger safety on the road in Beaverton:
- All-Wheel Drive — Available AWD offers the traction you need to handle any Forest Grove weather conditions or road surface.
- Trailer Sway Control — This standard system keeps your trailer in line for optimal safety.
- Electronic Stability Control — Adjust trailer movement based on wind and road conditions for safer towing.
- Electronic Roll Mitigation — This driver-assist feature applies the brakes automatically when it detects the risk of a rollover.
- Anti-lock brakes — This system prevents wheels from locking up during braking — so your Journey can keep gripping the road tight.
- Suspension — With 3 suspension options, the Journey can adjust to unstable or changing terrain ahead.
- Trailer Tow Group –Available on the 2019 Journey SE and GT, this package adds a Class II Receiver Hitch and Trailer Tow Wiring Harness.
2019 Dodge Journey Engine Specs
The versatile 2019 Dodge Journey is available with two engine options, optional AWD, and additional performance features. On the base trim, the Dodge Journey towing capacity will meet most lighter towing challenges with its 1,000-lb capacity. Upgrade to any of the 3 higher trims, and the Journey will easily handle your mid-sized trailer or motorized boat, with a max towing capacity of 2,500 pounds.
2019 Dodge Journey Powertrain Options
- Standard 2.4L I4 with 4-speed Automatic Transmission
- Available 3.6L Pentastar® V6 with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Available All-Wheel Drive
You can also choose to upgrade the SE and GT trims with an optional Trailer Tow Group package, which adds a Class II Receiver Hitch and Trailer Tow Wiring Harness.
Test Drive a 2019 Dodge Journey in Hillsboro!
At Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge, we’re proud to serve drivers in the greater Hillsboro area with excellent service at a fair price. Check out our new vehicle specials and financing offers as you explore our 2019 Journey inventory. To get even more value for your money, we offer Dodge Journey certified pre-owned and used models, used vehicle specials, and Mopar coupons for your genuine replacement parts. Contact us today to get started!
More from Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge
How much is the Jeep Gladiator costing Forest Grove drivers in 2020? The Gladiator Sport base trim starts at an accessible $31,482 — an amazing price for a pickup truck that’s truly in a class by itself. Of course, the 2020 Jeep Gladiator price will vary depending on the trim level you choose. Seven distinct trims…
Hardworking RAM trucks have been getting the job done in Forest Grove for decades, and the 2020 model definitely lives up to the name. Aloha-area drivers have come to rely on the RAM 1500 for phenomenal towing capability, high-tech safety systems, and an interior that’s well-stocked with the most advanced connectivity and convenience features. Join Dick's Country Chrysler Jeep Dodge…
The Jeep Gladiator was released in 2020 to unprecedented buzz, and it’s not hard to see why. This one-of-a-kind pickup truck boasts the off-roading capability you expect from Jeep, not to mention adventurous styling details that you won’t find anywhere else. Wondering whether the Jeep Gladiator bed size can handle the workload at your Forest Grove…